Was there a meteor shower over Ipswich on Wednesday afternoon?
- Credit: Contributed
An Ipswich man wants to know if there have been other reports of objects falling from the sky on Wednesday afternoon in what he suspects was a meteor shower.
Hans Schreuder, of Norwich Road, got in contact with the Star after an unknown object hit the sunroof of his car, causing it to shatter, as he was driving along Valley Road, Ipswich, at about 2.40pm.
At exactly the same time, his neighbour heard something hit the roof of the house they share with a loud bang and ended up in a bed of pebbles, but it proved impossible to find.
Mr Schreuder, 69, who was unable to find the object that hit his car, said: “You can see a clear impact point on the sunroof. It’s very, very small. The hole itself is less than 3mm and it’s cracked all the way around.”
He said there had been no other traffic on the road at the time so it was not a case of a stone being thrown up by another vehicle and he had not passed under any bridges.
He believes it must have been a meteor shower to have left “such an impact on such a small area”.
“Did anyone else suffer damage anywhere?” he said.
- 1 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 2 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 3 Bank cards stolen as five cars broken into across Ipswich this weekend
- 4 80-year-old woman was stuck in a lift for 10 hours
- 5 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 6 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 7 Man who repeatedly hit partner jailed for 64 weeks
- 8 Ipswich cannabis dealer avoids immediate jail sentence
- 9 Delays on A14 after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
•Get in contact with the Star at firstname.lastname@example.org