Washbrook: Community group looks to secure future of Brook Inn pub
A community group looking to secure the future of their only pub has put in a bid to buy it.
The Brook Inn in Washbrook is currently open but when it was put up for sale locals became concerned for its future.
They decided the best way to secure its future was to explore buying it themselves and a committee was set up to explore the possibility.
Last Thursday they held a public meeting at the pub to update supporters on the scheme and yesterday announced a bid had been tabled.
Although the value of the bid has not been disclosed the group feel it is a realistic offer and committee member Ian Evans is happy with the position they are in.
Mr Evans said: “We have the funds in place for the bid we have put in.
“But the target is still to reach £400,000 — people shouldn’t really rest on their laurels.
- 1 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 2 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 3 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 4 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 5 Popular Ipswich motorcycle show to return for 30th year
- 6 'They saved our boy's life' - Fundraiser for hospital that helped little Rocco
- 7 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 8 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 Regent expansion project takes step forward as plans urged for approval
“We had a couple of people (at the meeting) who said they would consider becoming directors if the bid was successful and we probably have over 50 pledges (of funds).
The committee has a business plan in place for if the bid is accepted but if it isn’t they will consider their position before deciding how to proceed.
People can still donate to the bid via their www.backthebrook.co.uk website.