Washine machine fire in Hillside Crescent, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have issued a renewed warning over household appliances after a washine machine caught fire at a house in Ipswich.
The incident in Hillside Crescent was reported to the fire brigade at around 9.15pm on Tuesday night.
Firefighters arrived and extinguished the kitchen blaze within 30 minutes.
There were no reported injuries. A number of pets were also taken out of the home by firefighters.
The Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service posted on its Facebook page a photograph of the fire-damaged washine machine.
The fire service wrote: “Close call for Ipswich resident last night. Please check if your appliance is recalled and only use when someone is home. Do you have an escape plan?”
It advised people to then visit www.registermyappliance.org.uk.
A Suffolk County Council spokesman said: “The Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was called to a house in Hillside Crescent, Ipswich, at 9.15pm (on Tuesday) night.
- 1 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 4 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 5 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 6 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 7 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 8 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 9 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 10 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
“Two vehicles, one from Ipswich East and Princes Street, attended the incident. On arrival firefighters found one washing machine well alight in the kitchen.
“Using one hosereel jet, firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire by 9.43pm.
“A number of pets were also removed from the property by the fire service too.”