Watch Ipswich Christmas lights switch on here
- Credit: Archant
Couldn’t make it into Ipswich to see the spectacular Christmas lights switch-on this evening? Don’t worry – you can watch it here.
Big crowds descended on the Cornhill for the festivities tonight, eager to see the new ‘real tree’ lit up in all its splendour.
Entertainment kicked off in the town centre at around 4.30pm with a host of music, singers and stalls, with the main event taking place at 6.55pm.
This is the first time in years the Cornhill has featured a ‘real’ Christmas tree.
With the controversial ‘bauble tree’ having been moved to Ipswich waterfront, residents are keen to see how the traditional spruce will look.
You may also want to watch:
Come back to this page this evening for a video of the big event, for those who cannot make it along themselves to enjoy the festivities.
What do you think of the lights this year? Email us at email@example.com
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 5 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 6 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 7 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 10 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions