Watch the official trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Credit: Archant
Star Wars fans can barely contain their excitement after the trailer for the next film in the space saga was released.
The footage from Star Wars: The Last Jedi was unveiled at half-time during the US National Football League (NFL) game between the Minnesota Vikings and the Chicago Bears in Chicago, and was shared on the franchise’s Twitter page shortly afterwards.
The 154-second trailer gave fans a glimpse of what might be in store in the highly-anticipated instalment, which picks up from where The Force Awakens, released in December 2015, ended.
And it seems fans of Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) could be in for a treat, with the teaser suggesting he plays a major part in the movie after being absent for much of the previous film.
Other main characters including Rey (Daisy Ridley) and Finn (John Boyega) are also featured in the trailer.
On Twitter, one fan described it as “the greatest trailer ever made”, while others said they would be booking their cinema tickets in preparation for the film’s release.
Tickets will now go on sale at cinemas across the UK for Star Wars: The Last Jedi, which also features the late Carrie Fisher.
- 1 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 2 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 3 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 4 New Venezuelan restaurant to bring fusion of flavour to Ipswich
- 5 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 6 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 7 Community calls for action as two questioned over Ipswich stabbing
- 8 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 9 Food review: ‘The Botanist in Ipswich lives up to the hype’
- 10 Transport is patients' top priority in new medical centre plans
The film opens in UK cinemas on December 14 2017.