Watch the official trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Credit: Archant
Star Wars fans can barely contain their excitement after the trailer for the next film in the space saga was released.
The footage from Star Wars: The Last Jedi was unveiled at half-time during the US National Football League (NFL) game between the Minnesota Vikings and the Chicago Bears in Chicago, and was shared on the franchise’s Twitter page shortly afterwards.
The 154-second trailer gave fans a glimpse of what might be in store in the highly-anticipated instalment, which picks up from where The Force Awakens, released in December 2015, ended.
And it seems fans of Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) could be in for a treat, with the teaser suggesting he plays a major part in the movie after being absent for much of the previous film.
Other main characters including Rey (Daisy Ridley) and Finn (John Boyega) are also featured in the trailer.
You may also want to watch:
On Twitter, one fan described it as “the greatest trailer ever made”, while others said they would be booking their cinema tickets in preparation for the film’s release.
Tickets will now go on sale at cinemas across the UK for Star Wars: The Last Jedi, which also features the late Carrie Fisher.
- 1 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 6 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 Future of Swarovski in Buttermarket not crystal clear
- 9 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
- 10 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
The film opens in UK cinemas on December 14 2017.