Essex could see snow later today
- Credit: citizenside.com
Sleet and snow could fall in Essex later today - but Suffolk will avoid the white stuff.
The weekend has begun with rain and blustery winds, and many flood warnings and alerts remain in place.
This week has seen a deluge of rainfall, leading to rising river levels and water on the roads.
Adam Dury, a forecaster with Weatherquest, said by this afternoon rain may turn into sleet and snow in Essex, but in Suffolk the forecast is just for rain.
He said: "There are flood alerts and warnings in place. There will not be great amounts of rain, but it will be falling on saturated ground so it won't take much to create surface flooding."
There are currently two flood warnings and 16 flood alerts in place for Suffolk, while Essex has three flood warnings and 17 alerts.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Dury said temperatures wouldn't get beyond highs of 3/4C across the region.
And wind speeds will be about 45mph in costal areas.
- 1 'Arrogant' man bullied woman into sending intimate photos
- 2 New businesses set for former Ipswich sugar beet site
- 3 Police 'extremely concerned' for missing Ipswich woman Sarah Field
- 4 County lines drug dealer is jailed for eight years
- 5 Ipswich man denies rape of a child and will face trial
- 6 Police urge public to stick to the rules this weekend before first changes next week
- 7 Man dies following collision on A12
- 8 Filming for new TV detective thriller to take place in Suffolk
- 9 Full list: Wetherspoon beer gardens open in Suffolk on April 12
- 10 Heartbreak for owners as puppy Storm loses battle for life
The forecaster said there could be some sleet in Suffolk on Monday evening.