Strong winds and heavy rains expected in Suffolk and Essex today
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Warnings for strong winds and heavy rain are in place across parts of Suffolk and Essex today.
A Met Office yellow weather warning is in place from 1pm until 10pm on Saturday, October 2, and will affect areas such as Ipswich, Felixstowe, Woodbridge and Manningtree.
Those travelling could face disruptions.
On the Met Office’s website, it states that delays to road, rail, air and ferry transport is likely.
There is also the potential for short-term loss of power and other services.
You may also want to watch:
It’s likely that some coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities will be affected by spray and large waves.
Spray and flooding on roads could also make journey times longer.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 9 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 10 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads