Suffolk and Essex enjoy a weekend without the snow and ice
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
People across Suffolk and Essex have enjoyed a weekend with milder temperatures after two weeks of cold and icy conditions.
At Felixstowe, locals enjoyed an opportunity to go for socially-distanced walks along the beachfront – although any chances of a trip to the pub beer garden will have to wait until warmer weather and the end of lockdown.
Coastal parts of the counties saw temperatures of around 11C Saturday, while more inland areas experienced sunny skies at around 15C.
Temperatures increased significantly from last weekend when the mercury struggled to rise above freezing, with most areas of Suffolk seeing temperatures climb no higher than 1C.
Just two weeks ago temperatures were well below freezing, with the "Beast from the East 2" causing a nightmare for motorists and public services alike.
Temperatures are forecast to remain in double figures throughout next week, with sunnier conditions set to be on the way.
- 1 'Arrogant' man bullied woman into sending intimate photos
- 2 New businesses set for former Ipswich sugar beet site
- 3 Police 'extremely concerned' for missing Ipswich woman Sarah Field
- 4 County lines drug dealer is jailed for eight years
- 5 Ipswich man denies rape of a child and will face trial
- 6 Police urge public to stick to the rules this weekend before first changes next week
- 7 Man dies following collision on A12
- 8 Filming for new TV detective thriller to take place in Suffolk
- 9 Full list: Wetherspoon beer gardens open in Suffolk on April 12
- 10 Clearing pigeon mess vital to Ipswich Waterfront rebirth