Weather blamed for power cut
ALMOST 1,000 properties in the Capel St Mary and Hadleigh area lost power today.The electricity was cut off at 6.40am, affecting a large area of south Suffolk.
ALMOST 1,000 properties in the Capel St Mary and Hadleigh area lost power today.
The electricity was cut off at 6.40am, affecting a large area of south Suffolk.
Most customers had power restored within 90 minutes, but about 400 customers remained cut off.
Electricity distribution company EDF Energy, the new name for 24seven, said its engineers hoped to restore power to every property affected by lunchtime.
You may also want to watch:
The exact cause of the power loss was still being examined – engineers at the company were unable to say whether it was linked to this morning's blustery winds.
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 3 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 4 WATCH: Former policeman given blue light salute during 24-hour marathon
- 5 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 6 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 7 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 8 Plans for new Waterfront restaurant and bar receive over 50 objections
- 9 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL