Weather blamed for power cut
ALMOST 1,000 properties in the Capel St Mary and Hadleigh area lost power today.The electricity was cut off at 6.40am, affecting a large area of south Suffolk.
ALMOST 1,000 properties in the Capel St Mary and Hadleigh area lost power today.
The electricity was cut off at 6.40am, affecting a large area of south Suffolk.
Most customers had power restored within 90 minutes, but about 400 customers remained cut off.
Electricity distribution company EDF Energy, the new name for 24seven, said its engineers hoped to restore power to every property affected by lunchtime.
The exact cause of the power loss was still being examined – engineers at the company were unable to say whether it was linked to this morning's blustery winds.
- 1 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 2 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 3 Will 'traditional' new homes at Ipswich Garden Suburb soon be obsolete?
- 4 Snow falls over Suffolk and more sub-zero temperatures to come
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 7 Drunk woman attacked former partner with knife
- 8 Surprise snowglobe gift leaves Harvey, 4, 'over the moon'
- 9 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 10 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'