Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- Credit: Archant
A yellow weather warning has been issued for thunderstorms with a possibility of flooding in Suffolk this week.
The Met Office has issued the weather warning for Suffolk, with storms expected to hit the area late on Wednesday (June 16) and run through until Friday, June 18.
The weather forecasters said that "not all locations" will be affected but that some intense thunderstorms may occur - with the potential for travel disruption.
The weather warning added: "There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater.
"Torrential rain, hail, frequent lightning and strong gusty winds are possible.
You may also want to watch:
"Rainfall totals of around 30mm could fall in an hour, with some locations potentially receiving around 50mm in two to three hours, although these will be fairly isolated."
- 1 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 2 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 3 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 4 Family concerned after 15-year-old girl reported missing from Ipswich
- 5 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 6 Work to start on 150 new Ipswich council homes next year
- 7 The 10 most Instagrammable spots in Ipswich - is your favourite on the list?
- 8 See inside 5 of the most expensive dream homes in Ipswich
- 9 Did drinkers behave on first Friday night after Freedom Day?
- 10 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich