Warning of thundery showers and heavy rain over the weekend
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a weather warning for rain and thundery showers over the weekend.
The yellow weather warning comes into effect at midnight on Friday night and lasts throughout the weekend.
It covers the whole of Suffolk, Norfolk and Essex, as well as much of the rest of the country.
It says there could be up to 10cm of rainfall in some places — causing flooding and travel disruption.
Heavy thundery showers are particularly likely on Sunday, along with lightning and hail.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office says this is what to expect:
- There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded, causing damage to some buildings
- Where flooding occurs, there is a slight chance of delays or cancellations to train and bus services
- Spray and flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- There is a small chance that some communities will become cut off by flooded roads
- There is a slight chance of power cuts and loss of other services to some homes and businesses
- 1 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 2 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 3 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 4 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 5 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
- 6 New special school planned for former BT site
- 7 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 8 Trains to and from London cancelled amid flooded railway
- 9 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 10 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition