When will Santa and the Ipswich Round Table’s Christmas Rudolph Run 2016 visit your street?
Father Christmas and his friends from the Ipswich Round Table are preparing for the 2016 Rudolph Run but what route will they take this year and when will they visit your street?
The annual Christmas tour has raised thousands of pounds over the 46 years it has been running, and each year it brings a smile to hundreds of little faces. Chairman Rob Hart said: “A lot of people who remember it when they were kids now have six or seven-year-old kids themselves. The best bit isn’t the fact we raise money, it is when you see the little children in their pyjamas waving at Father Christmas from their doorway.”
See below for maps of what route Santa and Rudolph will take around parts of Ipswich on each night of the event:
• December 12 - Ravenswood, leaving the Raven at 6.30pm
• December 13 - The Rivers Estate, leaving The Margaret Catchpole at 6.30pm
• December 14 - Kesgrave, leaving The Bell at 6.30pm
• December 15 - Bramford Road area, leaving the Red Lion at 6.30pm
- 1 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 2 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 3 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 4 New Venezuelan restaurant to bring fusion of flavour to Ipswich
- 5 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 6 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 7 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 8 Food review: ‘The Botanist in Ipswich lives up to the hype’
- 9 Community calls for action as two questioned over Ipswich stabbing
- 10 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
• December 16 - Stoke Park, leaving The Belstead Brook at 6.30pm
• December 18 - Family run around Woodbridge Road area, leaving The Royal George at 4pm
• December 19 - Selkirk area, leaving The Selkirk at 6.30pm
• December 20 - Belstead Hills, leaving the Belstead Arms at 6.30pm
• December 21 - California area, leaving The Lattice Barn at 6.30pm
• December 22 - Crofts, leaving The Man on the Moon at 6.30pm
• December 23 - Christchurch West, leaving The Greyhound at 6.30pm
This year Rudolf has had a face-lift with new lights and a few well-needed repairs.
Mr Hart said: “Christmas begins in August for us, we’ve been working on Rudolph for a long time now.
“He’s getting LED lights and a few repairs are being made to his sleigh, so he’s having a bit of a makeover this year.
“We’ve got a new music box coming to make it slightly louder, we have new music every year.
“We’re really looking forward to it and have got a group of volunteers ready to take part, we’re hoping to raise our highest total this year.
“Last year we raised around £20,000.”
For details of the route Father Christmas will be taking where you live see here