When will Santa and the Ipswich Round Table’s Christmas Rudolph Run 2016 visit your street?
Father Christmas and his friends from the Ipswich Round Table are preparing for the 2016 Rudolph Run but what route will they take this year and when will they visit your street?
The annual Christmas tour has raised thousands of pounds over the 46 years it has been running, and each year it brings a smile to hundreds of little faces. Chairman Rob Hart said: “A lot of people who remember it when they were kids now have six or seven-year-old kids themselves. The best bit isn’t the fact we raise money, it is when you see the little children in their pyjamas waving at Father Christmas from their doorway.”
See below for maps of what route Santa and Rudolph will take around parts of Ipswich on each night of the event:
• December 12 - Ravenswood, leaving the Raven at 6.30pm
• December 13 - The Rivers Estate, leaving The Margaret Catchpole at 6.30pm
You may also want to watch:
• December 14 - Kesgrave, leaving The Bell at 6.30pm
• December 15 - Bramford Road area, leaving the Red Lion at 6.30pm
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 9 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 10 Decision expected on demolition of former Ipswich snooker hall
• December 16 - Stoke Park, leaving The Belstead Brook at 6.30pm
• December 18 - Family run around Woodbridge Road area, leaving The Royal George at 4pm
• December 19 - Selkirk area, leaving The Selkirk at 6.30pm
• December 20 - Belstead Hills, leaving the Belstead Arms at 6.30pm
• December 21 - California area, leaving The Lattice Barn at 6.30pm
• December 22 - Crofts, leaving The Man on the Moon at 6.30pm
• December 23 - Christchurch West, leaving The Greyhound at 6.30pm
This year Rudolf has had a face-lift with new lights and a few well-needed repairs.
Mr Hart said: “Christmas begins in August for us, we’ve been working on Rudolph for a long time now.
“He’s getting LED lights and a few repairs are being made to his sleigh, so he’s having a bit of a makeover this year.
“We’ve got a new music box coming to make it slightly louder, we have new music every year.
“We’re really looking forward to it and have got a group of volunteers ready to take part, we’re hoping to raise our highest total this year.
“Last year we raised around £20,000.”
For details of the route Father Christmas will be taking where you live see here