When will the rubbish and recycling bins be collected in Ipswich over Christmas and New Year?
Rubbish collections in Ipswich will be altered over the Christmas 2016 period - see here to find out when to put your bins out.
The collection of normal household waste will be put back a day between Christmas and the New Year with an additional collection on Saturday, December 31.
• There will be no collections on Tuesday, December 27 as this is the second Christmas bank holiday
• Bins due for collection on Tuesday, December 27 will be collected on Wednesday, December 28
• If your bin is usually collected on a Wednesday, then put your Christmas waste out ready for collection on Thursday, December 29
• Thursday’s collection will take place on Friday, December 30
• An additional collection will take place on Saturday, December 31 covering those roads usually visited on a Friday
- 1 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 2 Ipswich firm admits mis-selling foam loft insulation to Suffolk customers
- 3 'Fantastic opportunity' as Ipswich's Thomas Wolsey pub listed for sale
- 4 Road closed after crash leaves pedestrian injured and vehicle in ditch
- 5 New restaurant could be coming to the Waterfront, but theatre plans dropped
- 6 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
- 7 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 8 23-year-old Felixstowe woman pleads guilty to assault
- 9 Masked man 'snatched' bag from woman in Ipswich alleyway
- 10 5 award-winning restaurants in and around Ipswich you need to visit
• There will be no brown bin (composting waste) collections between December 28 and January 6 – they will resume on January 10. This is because teams anticipate there could be extra recycling and non-recyclable rubbish
• Normal refuse collections resume on Tuesday, January 3
• Brown bin collections will resume from January 10, enabling people to cut up their real Christmas trees to put in the bins and allow them to be recycled at the composting plant