Why I want my womb removed at just 21
VIDEO After 18 months of pain, 21-year-old Ipswich woman Victoria Barber had to come to one of the most difficult decisions of here life - to have her womb removed.Hear her tell why in her own words.
AFTER 18 months of pain, 21-year-old Ipswich woman Victoria Barber had to come to one of the most difficult decisions of here life.
On Saturday, The Evening Star carried the poignant story of her battle to get doctors at Ipswich Hospital to perform a hysterectomy, the removal of her womb, to release her from her nightmare.
With two young children already, Mrs Barber of Fushcia Lane knows it is the right decision for her if she wants to be able to get on and live a normal life, but doctors don't agree and NICE guidelines state she is too young for such an operation.
We want your reaction and messages of support for the young mum who has made a decision that so many others of her age would deem unthinkable.
You may also want to watch:
Today you can Mrs Barber tell her story in her own words.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 10 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned