Wife's fears for missing husband
A DISTRAUGHT Ipswich woman today spoke of her fears for her husband of 33 years who left home a week ago and has not been seen since.Primrose Harrison, 51, of Inverness Road, says both she and the couple's four children are plagued by worry over the whereabouts of 50-year-old Robert Harrison.
A DISTRAUGHT Ipswich woman today spoke of her fears for her husband of 33 years who left home a week ago and has not been seen since.
Primrose Harrison, 51, of Inverness Road, says both she and the couple's four children are plagued by worry over the whereabouts of 50-year-old Robert Harrison.
Mr Harrison was reported missing at 7.15pm last Thursday after last being seen at 1.30pm the previous day.
He said he was going to a physiotherapist's appointment but did not return home.
A note left to his wife said he had to “get away for a few days” but he has not been in touch since.
Mrs Harrison is urging her husband, who struggles to walk through disability and needs continuous medication, to get in touch with the family if only to say he is ok.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 4 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 5 Wahoo skating shop moving from Ipswich to Woodbridge
- 6 Drug dealer escapes jail after £3k worth of cannabis found at home
- 7 Hunt for Vicky's killer continues nearly six months after suspect arrested
- 8 Man charged in connection of drug offences in Ipswich
- 9 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 10 Ipswich shop owner among UK's top 100 female business women
She said: “It has been an absolutely dreadful week for me. Every day that goes by is another day of not knowing anything.
“We have been married 33 years and have hardly had a day apart. I just want him to let us know he's ok to stop the worry.
“I don't know if he's in danger or whether he has got enough medication.
“I just want him to come back.”
Mr Harrison has been missing once before in October 2006 but returned the next day.
It is believed he took his car with him - a white Ford Escort estate registration R487 GOO.
Mr Harrison is described as white, 6ft, slim build, with collar length straight black hair, blue eyes and a Suffolk accent.
When he was last seen he was wearing a blue Puffa jacket, blue jeans and brown shoes.
He was also wearing a gold wedding band and is a smoker.
He has restricted mobility and walks with the aid of a brown folding walking stick.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to contact police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
N Have you been in a similar position to the Harrison family? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org