Witness request after cyclist killed
A 53-year-old pedal cyclist who was taking part in a time trials race died when he was involved in an accident with a car.The incident happened on the A143 at Wortwell, near Harleston on Saturday at 3.
A 53-year-old pedal cyclist who was taking part in a time trials race died when he was involved in an accident with a car.
The incident happened on the A143 at Wortwell, near Harleston on Saturday at 3.20pm. A Norfolk police spokesman said that the cyclist received fatal head injuries when his bike was truck from behind by a red Ford Orion.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the accident, in particular the occupants of a camper van and a vehicle in front if it that stopped for a short time. A motor cyclist heading towards Harleston who overtook the vehicles at the time of the accident is also asked to come forward.
Police will not be releasing the name of the cyclist until next of kin have been informed.
Witnesses or anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Robertson on 01953 424242.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 4 70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 7 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 8 Suffolk set to be battered by strong winds as weather warning issued
- 9 Pair deny involvement in amphetamine and cannabis dealing
- 10 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business