Witness request after cyclist killed
A 53-year-old pedal cyclist who was taking part in a time trials race died when he was involved in an accident with a car.The incident happened on the A143 at Wortwell, near Harleston on Saturday at 3.
A 53-year-old pedal cyclist who was taking part in a time trials race died when he was involved in an accident with a car.
The incident happened on the A143 at Wortwell, near Harleston on Saturday at 3.20pm. A Norfolk police spokesman said that the cyclist received fatal head injuries when his bike was truck from behind by a red Ford Orion.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the accident, in particular the occupants of a camper van and a vehicle in front if it that stopped for a short time. A motor cyclist heading towards Harleston who overtook the vehicles at the time of the accident is also asked to come forward.
Police will not be releasing the name of the cyclist until next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses or anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Robertson on 01953 424242.
- 1 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 2 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 3 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 6 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 7 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 10 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season