Witness request after cyclist killed
A 53-year-old pedal cyclist who was taking part in a time trials race died when he was involved in an accident with a car.The incident happened on the A143 at Wortwell, near Harleston on Saturday at 3.
A 53-year-old pedal cyclist who was taking part in a time trials race died when he was involved in an accident with a car.
The incident happened on the A143 at Wortwell, near Harleston on Saturday at 3.20pm. A Norfolk police spokesman said that the cyclist received fatal head injuries when his bike was truck from behind by a red Ford Orion.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the accident, in particular the occupants of a camper van and a vehicle in front if it that stopped for a short time. A motor cyclist heading towards Harleston who overtook the vehicles at the time of the accident is also asked to come forward.
Police will not be releasing the name of the cyclist until next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses or anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Robertson on 01953 424242.
- 1 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 4 Ipswich bar forced to close early after staff attacked
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 7 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injuries at department store
- 8 New restaurant set to open at former Little Waitrose store this year
- 9 Man drove into ex-partner's parked car outside Gainsborough Labour and Social Club
- 10 Developer 'ecstatic' as multi-million pound town hotel gets green light