Woman airlifted to hospital after fire
A WOMAN has been airlifted to hospital and is “extremely unwell” after a house fire in north Suffolk.Firefighters rescued the 34-year-old from the property in Henstead, between Southwold and Kessingland.
A WOMAN has been airlifted to hospital and is “extremely unwell” after a house fire in north Suffolk.
Firefighters rescued the 34-year-old from the property in Henstead, between Southwold and Kessingland.
She had suffered severe smoke inhalation and was airlifted to James Paget Hospital, in Gorleston.
A police spokesman tonight said she was “extremely unwell”.
The emergency services were called to the blaze in Toad Row at around 10.40am today.
Firefighters from Wrentham, Beccles and Southwold wore breathing apparatus and used a hose reel to extinguish the blaze in a first floor bedroom.
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 3 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 4 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 5 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 6 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 7 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 8 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 9 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 10 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
A police and fire investigation has been launched. Anyone with any information should call Suffolk police on 01473 613500.