Woman homeless after fire in Essex

A COLCHESTER woman is today homeless after a fire at her bungalow at the weekend.

A COLCHESTER woman is today homeless after a fire at her bungalow at the weekend.

The blaze happened in Sunbeam Avenue, Jaywick at 11.14pm on Saturday.

When two fire crews from Clacton arrived the bungalow's roof has been badly damaged and the rest of the building had suffered smoke damage.

The fire began when a cigarette was left unattended in the lounge and set fire to the sofa.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter