Woman hurt in A12 crash
A WOMAN was airlifted to hospital today after her car was in collision with a lorry.The incident happened on the southbound carriageway of the A12, near Copdock, at 8.
A WOMAN was airlifted to hospital today after her car was in collision with a lorry.
The incident happened on the southbound carriageway of the A12, near Copdock, at 8.20 this morning.
Both lanes were closed as firefighters released the woman, whose age was not known at the time of going to press, from her purple Rover before she was taken to Ipswich Hospital in an air ambulance.
Another person was taken from the scene in a land ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
A Leyland Daf articulated lorry ended up in the lay-by and police accident investigators carried out routine examinations of the collision.
Police are asking anyone who witnessed the accident to contact Suffolk Police Traffic on 01473 613500.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 3 Central Ipswich office tower could be converted into more than 100 flats
- 4 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 5 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 6 Woman accused of fraudulently giving £75k to son while bankrupt
- 7 Dog mess thrown at Ipswich bakery staff in 'nasty' attack
- 8 Power cuts in Ipswich leave businesses closed
- 9 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 10 'Large stones' thrown at lorry from A14 bridge near Ipswich
A car driver who was thrown through his windscreen in a crash in Trimley was given first aid by a resident until paramedics arrived.
Police said today that the 43-year-old motorist, who smashed into two parked cars in the accident and left the village's main road blocked for two hours, was still in Ipswich Hospital.
The man, who suffered facial injuries, is said to be in a "comfortable" condition.
The accident happened at about 10.20pm on Tuesday in High Road, right on the border of Trimley St Martin and Trimley St Mary, outside the Three Mariners pub and the Post Office.
Police sealed off High Road between the link road roundabout and Faulkeners Way while they dealt with the incident.
The road was closed until 12.10am yesterday.
The injured motorist had been driving a red Vauxhall Nova, which crashed into a parked silver Ford Mondeo, which in turn was smashed into a Toyota Starlet.
Both cars suffered serious damage.
One witness told the Evening Star that people had rushed to help after seeing and hearing the crash.
An ambulance was called and a port worker trained in first aid attended to the injured driver until the paramedics arrived.
The witness said the man had gone through his windscreen in the impact.
A police spokeswoman said investigations into the accident had taken place while the scene was sealed off and inquiries were continuing.
Meanwhile a stolen banger racing car was found embedded in a fence in Chantry Park, Ipswich.
The car, a Mitsubishi Colt, was stolen from the Elton Park area of Ipswich between 6pm last night and 12.30am today.
The vehicle was left wedged between the metal fence at the side of the A1214.
Anyone with information, should call police on 01473 613500.