Woman arrested after Ipswich house fire
- Credit: Archant
A 53-year-old woman is being questioned by police after a suspected arson at an Ipswich home.
The suspect was taken into custody after the blaze broke out at a property in Bramford Lane at around 8.30pm on Thursday night.
Three fire crews rushed to the scene, where the terraced house was found “well alight”.
The road was closed briefly while firefighters used hose jets and other specialist equipment to tackle the blaze. A stop was called on the incident shortly after 10pm.
A 53-year-old woman has since been arrested on suspicion of arson and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning, where she remains.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman confirmed nobody was injured in the fire.
- 1 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 2 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 3 Anger at 'death trap' road in Pinewood
- 4 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 5 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 6 Ipswich woman who punched partner in face is ordered to pay compensation
- 7 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 8 Ipswich carer stole £570 from autistic client's bank account
- 9 Ed Sheeran announces Christmas show supporting young Suffolk musicians
- 10 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised