Woman arrested after Ipswich house fire
- Credit: Archant
A 53-year-old woman is being questioned by police after a suspected arson at an Ipswich home.
The suspect was taken into custody after the blaze broke out at a property in Bramford Lane at around 8.30pm on Thursday night.
Three fire crews rushed to the scene, where the terraced house was found “well alight”.
The road was closed briefly while firefighters used hose jets and other specialist equipment to tackle the blaze. A stop was called on the incident shortly after 10pm.
A 53-year-old woman has since been arrested on suspicion of arson and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning, where she remains.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman confirmed nobody was injured in the fire.
- 1 Ipswich pharmacy first to offer Covid vaccinations
- 2 Ipswich schoolgirl, aged 14, missing
- 3 CCTV appeal after £400 of distraction thefts targeting elderly
- 4 Hot Sausage Company launches cook-at-home meal kits
- 5 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex
- 6 Supermarket chain set to recruit thousands more staff
- 7 New Combat2Coffee venue set to open in Ipswich town centre
- 8 Driver in court over biker death crash on road near Ipswich
- 9 ‘A matter of life or death’: Nurse scared to work on ward in 'basic mask'
- 10 'Yet another blow' as town bank earmarked for closure