Woman in handbag theft struggle
A WOMAN struggled with a thief who stole her handbag in Ipswich.The 40-year-old woman was walking along Bulwer Road in the town just before 6pm yesterday when she was approached by a man who asked whether she had the time.
A WOMAN struggled with a thief who stole her handbag in Ipswich.
The 40-year-old woman was walking along Bulwer Road in the town just before 6pm on Monday when she was approached by a man who asked whether she had the time.
When she replied she did not, she walked off but the man followed her and then asked for her handbag.
He tried to grab it when she refused but she struggled, eventually giving in to him and he ran off with the bag towards London Road.
You may also want to watch:
Police are now appealing for information and would like to speak to anyone who witnessed the incident.
The man is described as around 5ft 8ins tall in his early 20's and had a thin moustache or beard.
- 1 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 2 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 3 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 6 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 7 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 10 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
He was of mixed race and was wearing a multi-coloured striped woolly hat, checked shirt, jeans and trainers and appeared to be drunk.
Anyone with information should call Sergeant Mark Lewis at Ipswich Police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.