Woman in handbag theft struggle
A WOMAN struggled with a thief who stole her handbag in Ipswich.The 40-year-old woman was walking along Bulwer Road in the town just before 6pm yesterday when she was approached by a man who asked whether she had the time.
A WOMAN struggled with a thief who stole her handbag in Ipswich.
The 40-year-old woman was walking along Bulwer Road in the town just before 6pm on Monday when she was approached by a man who asked whether she had the time.
When she replied she did not, she walked off but the man followed her and then asked for her handbag.
He tried to grab it when she refused but she struggled, eventually giving in to him and he ran off with the bag towards London Road.
You may also want to watch:
Police are now appealing for information and would like to speak to anyone who witnessed the incident.
The man is described as around 5ft 8ins tall in his early 20's and had a thin moustache or beard.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 4 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 5 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 6 Developer 'ecstatic' as multi-million pound town hotel gets green light
- 7 Man drove into ex-partner's parked car outside Gainsborough Labour and Social Club
- 8 Ipswich man charged over alleged cocaine dealing
- 9 New streetfood restaurant set to open in Ipswich Corn Exchange
- 10 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
He was of mixed race and was wearing a multi-coloured striped woolly hat, checked shirt, jeans and trainers and appeared to be drunk.
Anyone with information should call Sergeant Mark Lewis at Ipswich Police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.