Woman in her 70s dragged along the floor in Felixstowe after her bag was snatched
- Credit: Su Anderson
A woman in 70s was dragged along the floor in Felixstowe after refusing to let go of her bag when it was snatched by a robber.
The crime happened at 11am yesterday in Vicarage Road and the victim’s husband, who is in his 80s, chased the robber after his wife let go of her bag.
“The victim was walking with her husband when they were approached from behind by a male who grabbed her handbag off her shoulder, pulling her to the ground in the process,” said police this afternoon.
“She initially hung on to her bag and was dragged a short distance along the grass verge before letting go.
“The suspect then ran off into Oak Close pursued by the victim’s husband - who is aged in his 80s – before heading into an alleyway leading into Wadgate Road.”
You may also want to watch:
The suspect was described as white, aged in his late teens or twenties, of medium build, and with short dark hair.
He was wearing black ‘below the knee’ shorts, a black t-shirt and black trainers.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 4 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 5 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 6 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 9 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 10 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
Any witnesses, or anyone with information about this robbery, was asked to contact Southern Area CID on 101 quoting reference 66599/16, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.