Woman in her 70s dragged along the floor in Felixstowe after her bag was snatched
- Credit: Su Anderson
A woman in 70s was dragged along the floor in Felixstowe after refusing to let go of her bag when it was snatched by a robber.
The crime happened at 11am yesterday in Vicarage Road and the victim’s husband, who is in his 80s, chased the robber after his wife let go of her bag.
“The victim was walking with her husband when they were approached from behind by a male who grabbed her handbag off her shoulder, pulling her to the ground in the process,” said police this afternoon.
“She initially hung on to her bag and was dragged a short distance along the grass verge before letting go.
“The suspect then ran off into Oak Close pursued by the victim’s husband - who is aged in his 80s – before heading into an alleyway leading into Wadgate Road.”
The suspect was described as white, aged in his late teens or twenties, of medium build, and with short dark hair.
He was wearing black ‘below the knee’ shorts, a black t-shirt and black trainers.
- 1 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
- 2 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 3 Ford Transit van destroyed in suspected arson attack
- 4 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 5 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 6 OPINION: Back to business - these are the council's plans for Ipswich
- 7 Cricket club praises ambulance service after player collapses in the field
- 8 Brother of Ipswich murder victim to roll out bleed control kits across town
- 9 Travellers move on from Chantry Park in Ipswich
- 10 St Clement's Church ready for new life as an arts centre
Any witnesses, or anyone with information about this robbery, was asked to contact Southern Area CID on 101 quoting reference 66599/16, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.