Woman left unconscious after suspected serious sexual assault in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses following a serious sexual assault in Ipswich this morning which left a young woman unconscious.
The attack happened at some time between 12.15am and 1.20am in the vicinity of Tacket Street and Carr Street.
The ambulance service were called just before 1.20am to reports that the victim – a woman in her 20s – had been found unconscious in a car park in Tacket Street. It is believed the victim was attacked at some time during the preceding hour and five minutes.
The victim is currently being supported by specialist trained officers as detectives launch an investigation into the incident.
A police scene was set up the Tacket Street car park, continuing through a passageway leading to Carr Street.
You may also want to watch:
The cordon has since been lifted.
Detectives would like to hear from any potential witnesses who were in the above area of the town centre between 12am and 1.45am this morning.
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 6 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 7 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 8 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 9 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 10 Four men released following death of man at Felixstowe lorry park
Anyone with any information about this attack is asked to contact the Major Investigation Team on 101, quoting reference 58370/17, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.