Woman left unconscious after suspected serious sexual assault in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses following a serious sexual assault in Ipswich this morning which left a young woman unconscious.
The attack happened at some time between 12.15am and 1.20am in the vicinity of Tacket Street and Carr Street.
The ambulance service were called just before 1.20am to reports that the victim – a woman in her 20s – had been found unconscious in a car park in Tacket Street. It is believed the victim was attacked at some time during the preceding hour and five minutes.
The victim is currently being supported by specialist trained officers as detectives launch an investigation into the incident.
A police scene was set up the Tacket Street car park, continuing through a passageway leading to Carr Street.
The cordon has since been lifted.
Detectives would like to hear from any potential witnesses who were in the above area of the town centre between 12am and 1.45am this morning.
- 1 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 2 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 3 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 4 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 5 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 6 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 7 Food review: ‘The Botanist in Ipswich lives up to the hype’
- 8 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 9 Cyclist injured after colliding with car in busy Ipswich road
- 10 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
Anyone with any information about this attack is asked to contact the Major Investigation Team on 101, quoting reference 58370/17, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.