Woman's body found in Lowestoft
LOWESTOFT police today recovered the body of a woman from the town's north beach.Police are at this stage treating the death as suspicious and are at the scene carrying out further investigations.
LOWESTOFT police today recovered the body of a woman from the town's north beach.
Police are at this stage treating the death as suspicious and are at the scene carrying out further investigations.
A member of the public, who had been out walking along the seafront, alerted police at about 9.15am after she discovered the woman's body close to Ness Point.
The identity of the woman is not yet known.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said they were unable to confirm whether the discovery was connected to the disappearance of Norfolk woman Susan Atkins whose car was found abandoned in the town yesterday.
The 51-year-old, of Old Market Place, Acle, has been missing for more than a week.
- 1 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 2 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 3 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 4 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 5 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 6 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 7 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
- 8 35 pictures from Ipswich Town's friendly clash with Palace
- 9 New special school planned for former BT site
- 10 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
She was last seen by her husband last Thursday. She took no clothes or money with her, leaving in her burgundy Peugeot 106 with her handbag and mobile phone.