Woman taken to hospital following crash
A YOUNG woman was taken to hospital today after her car crashed into a lorry in Ipswich.The 25-year-old driver of a blue Peugeot 206 suffered minor injuries as a result of the accident in Landseer Road, at the junction of Holbrook Road, Greenwich.
A YOUNG woman was taken to hospital today after her car crashed into a lorry in Ipswich.
The 25-year-old driver of a blue Peugeot 206 suffered minor injuries as a result of the accident in Landseer Road, at the junction of Holbrook Road, Greenwich.
Emergency services attended the scene just after 1pm to find a car had collided with a workman's lorry, which was stationary, at about 1pm.
Two crews from Princes Street and Colchester Road fire stations were sent to the scene following reports that the woman was trapped, however she managed to get herself out of the vehicle before they arrived.
You may also want to watch:
They helped make the scene safe while a crew from the East of England Ambulance Service took her to Ipswich Hospital for a further check-over.
Pc Gary Heath said: “This was a single vehicle collision. We have not spoken to the woman yet so we do not know how it happened.”
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 10 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
The whole of the front of the vehicle was destroyed in the crash and the air-bag had been inflated.
Traffic queues built up in the area while recovery was arranged. The section of the road near to Holbrook Road was closed so traffic was diverted to alternative routes.