Woman taken to hospital following crash
A YOUNG woman was taken to hospital today after her car crashed into a lorry in Ipswich.The 25-year-old driver of a blue Peugeot 206 suffered minor injuries as a result of the accident in Landseer Road, at the junction of Holbrook Road, Greenwich.
A YOUNG woman was taken to hospital today after her car crashed into a lorry in Ipswich.
The 25-year-old driver of a blue Peugeot 206 suffered minor injuries as a result of the accident in Landseer Road, at the junction of Holbrook Road, Greenwich.
Emergency services attended the scene just after 1pm to find a car had collided with a workman's lorry, which was stationary, at about 1pm.
Two crews from Princes Street and Colchester Road fire stations were sent to the scene following reports that the woman was trapped, however she managed to get herself out of the vehicle before they arrived.
They helped make the scene safe while a crew from the East of England Ambulance Service took her to Ipswich Hospital for a further check-over.
Pc Gary Heath said: “This was a single vehicle collision. We have not spoken to the woman yet so we do not know how it happened.”
- 1 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 2 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 3 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 4 Two arrests made following stabbing
- 5 'We're lucky to get her back' - Drone finds missing Pinky after 17 days
- 6 'Incredibly proud': 11-year-old saves classmate choking on chicken nugget
- 7 Alleyway near Ipswich town centre remains sealed off after serious assault
- 8 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
- 9 Serving police officer appears in court over alleged misconduct offence
- 10 'Fantastic' new café at Needham Lake beauty spot opens its doors
The whole of the front of the vehicle was destroyed in the crash and the air-bag had been inflated.
Traffic queues built up in the area while recovery was arranged. The section of the road near to Holbrook Road was closed so traffic was diverted to alternative routes.