Women arrested in Zest shooting hunt
TWO women have been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder following the fatal shooting of 24-year-old Jimoh Plunkett at Ipswich's Zest nightclub.
TWO women were today being held by police after being arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder following the fatal shooting of 24-year-old Jimoh Plunkett at Ipswich's Zest nightclub.
The women - a 20-year-old from Carshalton in Surrey and an 18-year-old from South Norwood - were arrested in London on Thursday.
They are now in custody at a police station in Suffolk where they will be interviewed by detectives.
A total of nine people have now been arrested in connection with the inquiry, launched after the incident last December.
You may also want to watch:
Two men - a 30-year-old and a 23-year-old - were arrested on suspicion of murder in March this year.
Five other men - an 18-year-old, a 19-year-old, a 21-year-old, a 23-year-old and a 24-year-old - were subsequently arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 9 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 10 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
All seven of the men arrested to date have been bailed to return to Suffolk police stations in early September.
Detectives are continuing enquiries into the death of Jimoh, from the Southwark area of London, who died after he sustained a gun shot wound to his chest inside the nightclub in the early hours of December 9.
Three other men - a 25-year-man, from the Carshalton area of Surrey, an 18-year-old man from Deptford and a 19-year-old from Stanway in Essex - also sustained gun shot wounds while inside the club on the same night.
Although officers have traced hundreds of club-goers from that night, detectives are continuing to ask anyone with information to call the incident room on 01473 782000.
People can also text 07624 800174, email email@example.com or call Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555111.
Were you in Zest when the shooting happened? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.