Woolverstone Macmillan Centre given £10,000 boost by fundraising at Ipswich High School for Girls
- Credit: Archant
Staff and students at Ipswich High School for Girls got the chance to witness the fruits of their fundraising work with a special visit to the Macmillan Woolverstone Centre after raising £10,000 for the cause this year.
The school has held a number of fundraisers over the last 12 months, including coffee mornings, silent discos and an extreme triathlon which featured every pupil at the school, totalling £10,000.
Headteacher Oona Carlin was joined by the deputy head and head girls to present the donation and visit the centre to find out about its work.
Headteacher Oona Carlin said: “I am extremely proud of all of our girls and their outstanding fundraising efforts over the last 12 months.
“They have reached the £10,000 target with spirit and determination.
You may also want to watch:
“I am thrilled that Ipswich High School for Girls have supported a local project, which has already changed the lives of people within our local community.”
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 10 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned