Word on the Street: Town fans talk about a brighter future after 5-2 win last night
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town played a brilliant game against Sunderland last night, and it has left fans in the centre of Ipswich talking about a brighter future.
Ipswich Town Football Club beat Sunderland a staggering 5-2 in last night’s game on Tuesday, September 26.
This is the second time Ipswich has scored five in a game with Mick McCarthy as manager, and it has led them to be the highest scoring team in this season so far.
Ipswich Town’s goal scorers for the night were Martyn Waghorn (6), Jordan Spence (27), Bersant Celina (50), David Mcgoldrick (60) and substitute Grant Ward to finish off the game (88).
The impressive outcome has seen Mick McCarthy’s team place fifth in the Championship with 18 points, falling behind Preston, Wolves, Leeds United and then Cardiff City.
Sunderland tried to fight back an early leveller from Billy Jones (10) and a strike from Aiden McGready (65) but couldn’t beat Town’s determination.
There were a total of 14,907 people in attendance, with 740 away fans,
- 1 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 2 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 3 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 6 New 'grab and go' vegan café on Ipswich Waterfront set to open in spring
- 7 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 8 Do you recognise these old Tolly Cobbold pubs?
- 9 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 10 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy