Word on the Street: What do you think of the Royal engagement?
- Credit: PA
Clarence House announced yesterday morning that Prince Harry is to marry his American actress girlfriend Meghan Markle. We asked people in Ipswich what they thought of the engagement.
The much-anticipated news was confirmed by Prince Harry’s father, the Prince of Wales, in a brief statement issued yesterday morning by Clarence House.
It read: “His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales is delighted to announce the engagement of Prince Harry to Ms Meghan Markle.
“The wedding will take place in spring 2018. Further details about the wedding day will be announced in due course.
“His Royal Highness and Ms Markle became engaged in London earlier this month.
“Prince Harry has informed Her Majesty the Queen and other close members of his family.
“Prince Harry has also sought and received the blessing of Ms Markle’s parents.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 9 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 10 Wallets stolen and bank cards used after cars broken into
“The couple will live in Nottingham Cottage at Kensington Palace.”
Prince Harry, who is fifth in line to the throne, has been dating 36-year-old Meghan, who found fame in the US legal drama Suits, since summer 2016.
Their 16-month whirlwind romance blossomed after meeting through mutual friends in London and the pair have been almost inseparable since.