Yo-Ho-Home-Start – Maritime Beer and Cider Festival to support family charity
- Credit: Archant
Beer festival organisers have chosen to raise money for a family support charity.
Home-Start in Suffolk will benefit from the Saints Maritime Beer and Cider Festival, at St Peter’s by the Waterfront, over the Ipswich Maritime Festival weekend.
Representatives will attend the event – from midday on Friday, August 18, to Sunday, August 20 – one of the first since Home-Start launched its new ‘county-wide’ brand.
Home-Start’s Ella Collard said: “We’re relentless in our project delivery across the county, helping to befriend and support families at a time they really need support. It means we’re always seeking volunteers who can give as little as a few hours a week.”
Greg Cooper, from Ipswich-based Beer & Co, said: “Home-Start in Suffolk makes such a difference to so many families – from all walks of life – so we’re glad that our event will help spread the word.”
You may also want to watch:
For more on the event, go to beerandco.uk.
To contact Home-Start, in confidence, call 01473 621104.
- 1 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 6 Norwich Road closed after crash near BMW garage
- 7 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 8 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 9 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial