Youngsters keep the beat at Ipswich Library drumming workshop
Enthusiastic youngsters got in the rhythm at Ipswich Library this week - enjoying a fun drum workshop with Mr Bean.
The event, part of a series of activities run at libraries across the county during half term, was open to all children aged six to 11.
The children got the chance to try out all manner of drums, bells, shakers, bongos and rattles and were taught how to keep the beat by teacher Mr Bean.
James Powell, from Suffolk Libraries, said: “We had 24 children come along to the drumming workshop.
“They really enjoyed playing on all the drums and percussion instruments.
“The workshop was run by Mr Bean Entertainments.
“He runs quite a few of the library’s half term activities like magic shows.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 3 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 4 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 5 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 6 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 7 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 8 Man with learning difficulties will not go to prison for sex offence
- 9 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
“Everyone who came had great time and really enjoyed themselves
“The parents of the children really liked it too and created a wonderful sound in the library.”