Opinion: We're so pleased for David
WHEN we first wrote about David Marshall at Christmas he had a very sad story to tell.He was forced to spend the festive season alone because he was not able to visit any friends or family - and life generally looked bleak.
WHEN we first wrote about David Marshall at Christmas he had a very sad story to tell.
He was forced to spend the festive season alone because he was not able to visit any friends or family - and life generally looked bleak.
But what a difference three months has made!
Since moving to a new home in Felixstowe he has made new friends and has been shown how to set up and run a website to support other people in a similar situation.
Too often news organisations are accused of concentrating on bad news, but today we are delighted to be able to report on how Mr Marshall's life has been turned around over the last few months.
In our busy lives it is all too easy to forget how those with a disability, or who are old and living away from their families, can easily get very lonely.
- 1 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 2 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 3 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 4 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 5 Ongoing heathland blaze sees 147 calls made to fire service
- 6 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 7 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 8 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 9 Redundant care home being used as homes applying for planning after 5 years
- 10 Strong interest expected as 'prime' town centre shop unit hits market with price tag of more than £1m
So, when someone like David Marshall is able to put his life back together again, it is heartening for everyone.
Today, people across the area will be delighted to hear how he has been able to rebuild his life and become - in his own words - a different man since the Star first highlighted his sad story.