Opinion: We're so pleased for David
WHEN we first wrote about David Marshall at Christmas he had a very sad story to tell.He was forced to spend the festive season alone because he was not able to visit any friends or family - and life generally looked bleak.
WHEN we first wrote about David Marshall at Christmas he had a very sad story to tell.
He was forced to spend the festive season alone because he was not able to visit any friends or family - and life generally looked bleak.
But what a difference three months has made!
Since moving to a new home in Felixstowe he has made new friends and has been shown how to set up and run a website to support other people in a similar situation.
You may also want to watch:
Too often news organisations are accused of concentrating on bad news, but today we are delighted to be able to report on how Mr Marshall's life has been turned around over the last few months.
In our busy lives it is all too easy to forget how those with a disability, or who are old and living away from their families, can easily get very lonely.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 5 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 6 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 10 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
So, when someone like David Marshall is able to put his life back together again, it is heartening for everyone.
Today, people across the area will be delighted to hear how he has been able to rebuild his life and become - in his own words - a different man since the Star first highlighted his sad story.