New date for Ipswich Apple Day after Storm Brian cancels event
- Credit: Archant
A popular Ipswich event has been rescheduled after organisers were forced to cancel due to poor weather.
Ipswich Apple Day, which is organised by the Friends of Holywellls Park, will now take place on November 4 between 11am and 2pm.
The event had been due to take place last Saturday but was cancelled by organisers following concerns of strong winds from Storm Brian.
An Ipswich Borough Council spokesman said at the time; “We have been monitoring the weather forecasts and regretfully have to cancel it as we simply cannot risk people’s safety in these conditions.”
With storm winds having subsided organisers hope that visitors will still flock to the new date at the Hollywells Orchard, in the south east of the town.
You may also want to watch:
Apple bobbing and pumpkin carving will be on offer as well as an apple quiz.
A large range of local apple based foods such as apple fritters will also be avaliable to buy on the day,
- 1 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 2 Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- 3 Man Tasered by police while armed with knife is jailed
- 4 Video captures car engulfed by inferno of flames in Morrisons car park
- 5 Touching tributes paid to 'kind-hearted' Ipswich council worker of 25 years
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 Council investigating 'frustrating' Ipswich hum bothering residents
- 8 Driver taken to hospital after BMW ploughs into tree
- 9 Could a change in bus services help keep passengers moving post-Covid?
- 10 Plans to convert pub into takeaway refused