New date for Ipswich Apple Day after Storm Brian cancels event
- Credit: Archant
A popular Ipswich event has been rescheduled after organisers were forced to cancel due to poor weather.
Ipswich Apple Day, which is organised by the Friends of Holywellls Park, will now take place on November 4 between 11am and 2pm.
The event had been due to take place last Saturday but was cancelled by organisers following concerns of strong winds from Storm Brian.
An Ipswich Borough Council spokesman said at the time; “We have been monitoring the weather forecasts and regretfully have to cancel it as we simply cannot risk people’s safety in these conditions.”
With storm winds having subsided organisers hope that visitors will still flock to the new date at the Hollywells Orchard, in the south east of the town.
You may also want to watch:
Apple bobbing and pumpkin carving will be on offer as well as an apple quiz.
A large range of local apple based foods such as apple fritters will also be avaliable to buy on the day,
- 1 Teenagers arrested after 17-year-old boy stabbed in Ipswich
- 2 Police cordon off section of Ipswich residential street
- 3 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 4 How pub was transformed into community hub
- 5 Police attend Ipswich Waterfront property as part of murder probe
- 6 CCTV images issued following theft from car in Ipswich
- 7 School completes £15.5million revamp with demolition of former building
- 8 'I couldn't stop smiling': Kesgrave Kitchen named best Ipswich café
- 9 Teenage boy denies knife attack near Ipswich supermarket
- 10 Officers making 'significant progress' in Victoria Hall murder case