Aaron hands over Fynn Valley reins
GOLF: It has been a very good year for the junior members at Fynn Valley. Alan Reeve, the junior organiser, said that Fynn Valley has a very strong section in all age groups for the future.
IT has been a very good year for the junior members at Fynn Valley.
Alan Reeve, the junior organiser, said that Fynn Valley has a very strong section in all age groups for the future. That goes against the trend of other clubs in the area.
For this year's captain, Aaron McFarlane, 17, it has been particularly successful, leading his team to a win in the Suffolk Junior Handicap Cup at Hintlesham in September.
Aaron also received the Robin Mann Trophy for the most improved junior in 2001.
In addition, the club had 12 juniors in the Suffolk Under-12 and Under-14 coaching scheme.
Three boys, Jamie Abbott, 14, Warren Goddard, 14, and 13-year-old Ross Cracknell, played for Fynn Valley in both the Stenson Shield and Hambro Cup that could well be a record.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 6 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 7 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 8 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 9 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
Aaron McFarlane has now handed over the captaincy for next year to 15-year-old Christopher Smith, whose vice-captain will be Joe Thompson.