Appleford returns to haunt old club
Bramford United 0, Ipswich Athletic 2: CHRISTIAN Appleford came back to haunt his old club with a fine display which saw him set up the first goal and then go on to score one himself in his team's 2-0 win over Bramford United.
Bramford United 0, Ipswich Athletic 2
CHRISTIAN Appleford came back to haunt his old club with a fine display which saw him set up the first goal and then go on to score one himself in his team's 2-0 win over Bramford United.
Although Athletic had forced the pace in a fast and furious first half, they did not score until five minutes before half time. Appleford's perfect cross from the left flank found Ettie in a busy Bramford goalmouth where he coolly headed the ball into the net.
In the second half, Ettie, Smedley and Ford were close for Athletic with Bramford keeper Leggett, making good saves. With only one goal in it, Bramford sent on their three subs in an effort to salvage a point. In a spot of pressure, Taylor and Garner had close-range shots blocked by Athletic's keeper Evans and then Brown was unlucky with a header. Appleford had given Bramford a warning when he stormed from the halfway line into the home box only to see his final touch squirm wide.
He had the last laugh though, five minutes from time, when he scored a spectacular goal from 25 yards to stun the home side.
- 1 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 2 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 3 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 6 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 7 Do you recognise these old Tolly Cobbold pubs?
- 8 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 9 Three-home development for former Thornbank care home
- 10 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk