Blue Ribbon event winner for Vikings
SKIING: The Suffolk Vikings ski race team have completed their season-long Blue Ribbon event which is contested on a monthly basis at the club's Bourne Hill artifical slope.
THE Suffolk Vikings ski race team have completed their season-long Blue Ribbon event which is contested on a monthly basis at the club's Bourne Hill artifical slope.
It is an in-house competition and fits in between meetings in the Eastern Region and races in Europe, including the British Championship.
Coaches at the club are Carl Reeder, Iain Chapman, Paul Trinder and Justin Rout who oversee the Blue Ribbons races.
Results of the 2001 event:
Most improved male: John Baker; female: Elizabeth Palfrey.
Female under 13: 1 Sarah Ayling Bates, 2 Sarah Shorrock, 3 Calier Shorrock.
- 1 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 2 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 3 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 4 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 5 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 6 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
- 9 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 10 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
Female over 13: 1 Sarah Mann, 2 Bev Hebron, 3 Jayne Gilbert.
Male under 13: Todd Gilbert, 2 James Benham, 3 Rory Young.
Male over 13: Iain Chapman, 2 Tony Jobson, 3 Martin Fuller.
During the past season 12 year old Carly Phillips, who attends Copleston High School, was nominated skier of the year. She was selected for the children's British team and has just returned from the New Year races in Lenk, Switzerland where she won five silver medals and a bronze.
Now she has a major children's tournament in Topalon Italy at the end of February to look forward to.