Bramford win for Banham
MOTO CROSS: A large entry attended the Ipswich MCC's Mardle trial at Paper Mill Lane pits just outside Bramford. The four laps of 12 multi routed sections proved challenging for most of the 85 strong entry.
A LARGE entry attended the Ipswich MCC's Mardle trial at Paper Mill Lane pits just outside Bramford.
The four laps of 12 multi routed sections proved challenging for most of the 85 strong entry.
On the hard route Mark Banham found the dry conditions to his liking, and went around this woodland course for a loss of only four marks, closely followed by Ian Johnston just one point behind.
The youth A riders put up a fine showing with four youth riders in the top ten, best of these being Tom Ashton in a fine sixth position.
You may also want to watch:
The talented John Kendall on his Pre70 Triumph won the middle route. He went round for a loss of only one mark, five ahead of best Clubman Peter Ashton and six ahead of pre-70 rival Graham Braybrook.
The younger youth riders also had some fine rides in this class with Daniel Knights and Ben Grice losing only 12 marks to finish well ahead of all the adult novice entry.
- 1 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 9 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 10 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
The Sidecar result was very close with Alan Hornsby and passenger Bob Chapman just holding off Nicky Read and Craig Fenner, despite having two five son the steep climb on section 12.
Hard Route – Experts: 1 M Banham (Beta) 4, 2 I Johnstone (Bultaco) 5, 3 D Clampin (Gas Gas) 15, 4 R Higgs (Beta) 17, 5 C Cordle (Gas Gas) 35.
Inters: 1 G Mackerall (Gas Gas) 54, 2 L Johnston (Bultaco) 68,3 C Crowfoot (Gas Gas) 68, 4 G Davey (Gas Gas) 75, 5 M Baldwin (Gas Gas) 84.
Youth A: 1 T Ashton (Gas Gas) 36, 2 G Scarlett (Beta) 38, 3 J Smith (Bultaco) 39, 4 A Knights (Bultaco) 39, 5 S Douglas (Gas Gas) 72.
Middle Route – Pre 70: 1 J Kendall (Triumph) 1, 2 G Braybrook (Bantam) 7, 3 D Spurgen (Greeves) 10, 4 C Dopson (Norton) 11, 5 P Teager (BSA) 26.
Novice: 1 R Rodgers (Beta) 18, 2 D Grant (Bultaco) 18.
Youth B: 1 D Knights (Gas Gas) 12, 2 B Grice (Gas Gas) 12.
Clubman: 1 P Ashton (Gas Gas) 6, 2 D Theobald (Gas Gas) 16.
Easy Route – Sidecar: 1 A Hornsby/B Chapman (Montesa) 11, 2 N Read/C Fenner (Montesa), 3 D Hornsby/M Hornsby (Scorpa) 29.
Solo Adult: C Skedge 8.
Solo Youth: S Alliston 17.
Solo Pre 65: C Bater 12.