Chairman disappointed to lose manager
IPSWICH Wanderers chairman Ed Nicholls today expressed his disappointment at the decision of manager John Clarkson to resign at the end of the season.Nicholls does not expect his club to suffer too much from the fall-out of Clarkson's decision.
By Elvin King
IPSWICH Wanderers chairman Ed Nicholls today expressed his disappointment at the decision of manager John Clarkson to resign at the end of the season.
Nicholls does not expect his club to suffer too much from the fall-out of Clarkson's decision.
“There will be the usual merry-go-round of players, but I don't expect us to have as many departures as last summer,” said Nicholls.
You may also want to watch:
“John is a very honourable man and I worked very well with him.
“It is a big disappointment that he is leaving as he did some wonderful things for Wanderers.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 7 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
“We were hoping he was going to stay, but it looks as though he could be returning to Cornwall where he is currently spending a lot of his time.
“Our minds are focussed on the Ridgeons League Cup final against Lowestoft Town on Monday, May 7 - and we will take it on to the next stage after that.”
Nicholls says that along with his committee he has begun discussing names to take over from Oulton Broad-based Clarkson.
They are inviting applications for when the job becomes vacant after May 7 and these should be sent to Ed Nicholls c/o Gemini Travel, Unit 20, Sterling Complex, Farthing Road, Ipswich, IP1 5AP.
“If more information is needed I can be contacted on Ipswich 462721,” added Nicholls.