Cops and Cranes to clash in final
SOCCER: COPLESTONIANS and Cranes progressed to Thursday's Cup Final by winning Divisions Nine and 10. Coplestonians began their evening by defeating Leiston 3-1.
COPLESTONIANS and Cranes progressed to Thursday's Cup Final by winning Divisions Nine and 10.
Coplestonians began their evening by defeating Leiston 3-1. Martin struck twice with Wessells scoring the other. Barbrook netting the Leiston consolation.
In the other match a Paul Calver strike was enough to give British Sugar the victory against Ransomes.
In the second round of matches British Sugar remained unbeaten when they defeated Leiston 5-1.
Paul Calver put Sugar ahead before Barbrook equalised with time running out, Calver chipped home a winner. Ransomes bounced back defeating Coplestonians 2-1. Potter and Andrews scored for Ransomes with S Allen scoring for Coplestonians.
In the final games Coplestonians pipped British Sugar to the final, Martin scored another double with Allen netting the other for Coplestonians with O'Brien and Calver on target for British Sugar. In the other match Leiston ended on a high defeating Ransomes 4-0. Taylor scored a hat trick with Day scoring the other goal.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 9 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 10 Stowmarket man with foot fetish sexually assaulted woman
In Division 10 Cranes started with a 2-0 win over Westerfield, courtesy of two fine strikes from Lummis. In the other match Stowmarket Town came out on top in an entertaining 3-2 win over St Clements.
Platt scored twice for Stowmarket with Trinder scoring the other goal whilst St Clements goals came from Crane and Gibbs. Cranes then won their second game when a Troy Paul goal beat holders Stowmarket.
St Clements beat Westerfield 3-2. Turnell Hurd scored tow early goals for St Clements before Clements pulled a goal back.
Crane re-established a two goal lead before Harvey scored a late goal for Westerfield. Cranes sealed their place in the final with a 1-1 draw with St Clements.
Fisher scored for Crane while D Head was on target for St Clements. Stowmarket ended with a 4-2 win over Westerfield. Stowmarket raced into an early lead when Platt scored and Keeble then netted twice before Scott pulled a goal back.
Yeomans scored a fourth for Stowmarket before Russell concluded the scoring.