Deben finish third overall
Deben Swimming Club hosted the final round of their divison of the Suffolk Winter League on Saturday and went into the meet in third place after two previous rounds.
With everything to go for it was going to be an exciting evening of racing over the fast and furious 50m distance.
It proved to be a thrilling night of competition with some very close finishes and some excellent personal best (PB) times recorded.
The relays proved to be just as riveting with an electric atmosphere and everyone pulling together for their team.
Chloe Calver, in the 12/13 year age group, won both her races in fine style. First she was victorious in the 50m fly (with double points for the joker) in a time of 32.97 and then in the 50m freestyle with a new best time of 29.99.
Caitlin Russell also took first positions in both her races.
Competing in the 14/15 age group she won the 50m fly in a time of 32.34, and the 50m breaststroke in 36.53.
- 1 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 2 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 3 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 4 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 5 Cocaine dealers involved in 'Bash' drugs line in Suffolk are jailed
- 6 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
- 7 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 8 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 9 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 10 Revealed: The Indian restaurants in Ipswich with five-star hygiene ratings
Issy Wickens had a great swim in the 11-and-under 50m fly. Fighting all the way she took the win with a new best time of 37.39.
Annabel Towns came first in the 14/15 years 50m freestyle with a time of 30.33.
Joseph Brierly won the 50m backstroke convincingly in the 11 and under age group in a time of 35.06, while Damien Collis took the win in the 12/13 years 50m backstroke in 33.83.
Kieran Whight took first place in the 14/15 years 50m fly in a time of 29.24.
A special mention must also go to Lewis Moore who had a fantastic swim in the 50m fly.
Although still only nine, he held his own in a very close race in the 11 and under age group, gaining a new best time of 38.93.
Also in the 11 and under category, youngster, Becky Merrill had two great performances, achieving superb personal bests in both the 50m backstroke in 39.02 and the 50m breaststroke in 44.98.
The final results saw Deben finish second to West Suffolk on the night, but overall they had to settle for third position.
West Suffolk took the overall title, also winning the girls trophy.
Stowmarket were second, but also winning the boys title.Sudbury won the best supported team.