Dozzell seals new contract
JASON Dozzell has signed a new contract with Leiston that takes him to the summer of 2008 with the Ridgeons League Premier Division club.The former Ipswich Town and Tottenham midfielder and Ipswich Wanderers player manager, took over the hotseat at Leiston in October following the departure of Glen Driver.
By Elvin King
JASON Dozzell has signed a new contract with Leiston that takes him to the summer of 2008 with the Ridgeons League Premier Division club.
The former Ipswich Town and Tottenham midfielder and Ipswich Wanderers player manager, took over the hotseat at Leiston in October following the departure of Glen Driver.
After a shaky start he re-installed a 'feel-good factor' at the club and following a blip in form in December a string of good results has seen the club rise to fourth in the table.
You may also want to watch:
“I am pleased to extend my current deal,” said Dozzell. “We have picked up in the last few weeks after a sticky period and have set ourselves up for the rest of the season.
“I am lucky to have a strong and ambitious chairman and committee and we have some fantastic supporters behind both the players and myself.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
“Leiston have similar aspirations to myself to perform on a higher stage, and I hope we will achieve it together.”