Felixstowe defeted by ten-man Harlow
ANGLIAN CUP SOCCER: Felixstowe 0 Harlow 3. Ryman Division One side Harlow Town progressed to the semi-final of the East Anglian Cup at Dellwood Avenue with a comfortable 3-0 win over Felixstowe, despite starting the second-half with ten players.
Felixstowe 0 Harlow 3
RYMAN Division One side Harlow Town progressed to the semi-final of the East Anglian Cup at Dellwood Avenue with a comfortable 3-0 win over Felixstowe, despite starting the second-half with ten players.
The Hawks' front runners Samuel, Young and Salmon were lively from the start with Marvin Samuel opening the scoring on 20 minutes.
Crowley's blocked shot led to a corner, which fell to Samuel, who controlled the ball with his right foot and was given time to power the ball home from 10 yards. Two minutes later a flowing move ended with Young crossing for Marc Salmon to force the ball home from 12 yards.
The Seasiders worked hard but failed to trouble Hasell in the Hawks' goal.
As the players left the field at half-time words were exchanged with the referee and Harlow's David Gray was shown the red card.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 3 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 4 Cocaine dealers involved in 'Bash' drugs line in Suffolk are jailed
- 5 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 6 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 7 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
- 8 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 9 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 10 Revealed: The Indian restaurants in Ipswich with five-star hygiene ratings
Felixstowe enjoyed a brief spell of pressure after the break with Kyle going close from distance, but Charters remained the busier of the keepers, saving from Crowley and Salmon before a goalmouth scramble resulted in an own goal.