Felixstowe earn comfortable win
RUGBY: Felixstowe progressed into the next round of the Suffolk Plate after winning an entertaining game 31-19 at Coronation Park on Sunday.Felixstowe had the better of the opening 15 minutes, but it was Mistley who scored the first points.
Felixstowe progressed into the next round of the Suffolk Plate after winning an entertaining game 31-19 at Coronation Park on Sunday.
Felixstowe had the better of the opening 15 minutes, but it was Mistley who scored the first points. After a try-saving ankle tap by Felixstowe's Dom Long, Mistley won the resulting scrum against the head and scored after moving the ball along their back line. Felixstowe came back strongly and Rob Brewster with the help of Danny Brown equalled the score.
Felixstowe continued to press and Jeff Mann scored in the corner after a fine move along the backs and this was followed by a penalty by Jaques Olberholze which put Felixstowe 13-5 in lead in the 36th minute. Felixstowe were then reduced to 14 men when their second row Rob Brewster was given ten minutes.
The second half was only four minutes old when Mistley reduced the arrears by seven points after a strong solo run through the heart of the Felixstowe defence. The game was then won by Felixstowe in the next 15 minutes. First, Rob Brewster scored from five metres and then Richard Hull scored a typical individual try from just inside the Mistley half. The visitors, to their credit, hit back with another try after some poor Felixstowe defending, but Olberholze added another penalty in the 70th minute to give Felixstowe a
You may also want to watch:
comfortable 31- 19 lead which they held to the end even though they where again reduced to 14 men when their number 8 Danny Brown was given ten minutes.
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 4 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 5 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 6 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 7 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 8 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 9 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 10 Ipswich reports England's highest rise in Covid infection rate