Youth team enjoy ‘memorable weekend’ of football with Dutch players thanks to sponsors
- Credit: MATT READING
A Suffolk youth football team has enjoyed an international exchange programme thanks to donations from housing developers.
Barratt Homes’ £500 sponsorship of the Felixstowe and Walton United FC under 12s team will help the youngsters continue their annual Dutch exchange programme.
The scheme sees players from Holland visit Suffolk for a tournament followed be a return visit to join V.V Quintus FC on the continent.
Sarah Scarlett, whose child plays for the team, said: “Donations and sponsorships are key to the success of the Dutch Exchange weekend. Thanks to Barratt Homes’ substantial sponsorship this year it has enabled us to enjoy a memorable weekend of football along with other activities and treat all of the English and Dutch boys with the knowledge of no financial burden.”
Jason Colmer, sales director at Barratt Homes, added: “It is great to hear that the Felixstowe and Walton United U12s had a successful exchange tournament with the V.V Quintus U12s from Holland. “
You may also want to watch:
Barratt Homes is currently building quality new homes in Felixstowe at Walton Gate on High Street.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 4 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 9 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
- 10 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash