Foxhall to host Britain's best
CYCLO-CROSS: This weekend sees a feast of top cycle racing come to Suffolk when Foxhall Stadium in Ipswich plays host to the 2002 National Cyclo Cross Championships of Great Britain.
This weekend sees a feast of top cycle racing come to Suffolk when Foxhall Stadium in Ipswich plays host to the 2002 National Cyclo Cross Championships of Great Britain.
The top cyclists in the country have been attracted by the weekend's racing which features more than 350 elite competitors, of all ages, who will be chasing the top honours.
Cyclo Cross is a fast and exciting form of cross country cycle racing consisting of fast road sections, tough woodland sections and technical dismounts.
It takes place on a compact 2.3km circuit of which the leading riders will complete ten laps in the 1hr duration. Spectators are welcome,
You may also want to watch:
Guest of honour for the race will be the Mayor of Ipswich, Maureen Carrington-Brown. Race commentary is provided by Hugh Porter.
The event is promoted by the Ipswich Bicycle Club in partnership with Suffolk County Council and Ipswich Borough Council.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot
Main event times:
Saturday: 10.30am veteran 50+ 11.45am youth, 1.00pm veteran, 2.30pm under 23.
Sunday: 10.00am Under 12's, 11.00am Women, 12.30pm Junior, 2.00pm Elite Senior Championships.