Foxhall to host Britain's best
CYCLO-CROSS: This weekend sees a feast of top cycle racing come to Suffolk when Foxhall Stadium in Ipswich plays host to the 2002 National Cyclo Cross Championships of Great Britain.
This weekend sees a feast of top cycle racing come to Suffolk when Foxhall Stadium in Ipswich plays host to the 2002 National Cyclo Cross Championships of Great Britain.
The top cyclists in the country have been attracted by the weekend's racing which features more than 350 elite competitors, of all ages, who will be chasing the top honours.
Cyclo Cross is a fast and exciting form of cross country cycle racing consisting of fast road sections, tough woodland sections and technical dismounts.
It takes place on a compact 2.3km circuit of which the leading riders will complete ten laps in the 1hr duration. Spectators are welcome,
Guest of honour for the race will be the Mayor of Ipswich, Maureen Carrington-Brown. Race commentary is provided by Hugh Porter.
The event is promoted by the Ipswich Bicycle Club in partnership with Suffolk County Council and Ipswich Borough Council.
- 1 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 3 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 4 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 5 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 6 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 7 One of the world's largest container ships arrives at Port of Felixstowe
- 8 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 9 Two knives found in Ipswich park after six teenagers arrested
- 10 Mobile phone and laptop stolen in spate of thefts from cars near Ipswich
Main event times:
Saturday: 10.30am veteran 50+ 11.45am youth, 1.00pm veteran, 2.30pm under 23.
Sunday: 10.00am Under 12's, 11.00am Women, 12.30pm Junior, 2.00pm Elite Senior Championships.