GALLERY: Britannia and Gorseland schools qualify
Seven teams from across the Ipswich and South Suffolk School Games area competed in a Sportshall Athletics event at Westbourne College.
Each team had a minimum of nine boys and nine girls and a maximum of 15 boys and 15 girls so the event proved to be a lively and noisy spectacle.
The event was made up of a mixture of field events including standing long jump, standing triple jump, chest push, javelin and speed bounce and then a series of track events, including an obstacle relay, one, two and six lap races and a team relay.
Both events were run for boys and girls, and when the girls were competing in field events, the boys took to the track.
Standings:- 1st Britannia (260 points), 2nd - Gorseland (250 points)
Both teams will go forward to represent Ipswich and South Suffolk at the Level 2 [county] school games finals on February 5 at Mid Suffolk Leisure centre
3rd Bramford and Somersham (204 points), 4th - Sidegate (168 points), 5th - Broke Hall (146 points), 6th - Halifax (128 points), 7th Castle Hill (114 points)
- 1 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 4 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 5 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 6 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 7 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 8 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 9 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 10 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
Both Sidegate and Castle Hill had year 5 pupils competing and Bramford, Sidegate and Castle Hill were all taking part in the event for the first time