GB call for Ipswich swim duo
SWIMMING: Ipswich Swimming Club duo Karen Pickering and Zoe Cray have been selected to represent Great Britain during the European series of the Swimming World Cup.
Ipswich Swimming Club duo Karen Pickering and Zoe Cray have been selected to represent Great Britain during the European series of the Swimming World Cup.
The annual competition staged throughout the world is a great opportunity to race against some of the world's best swimmers.
Pickering and Cray will compete in Paris on January 18 and 19 and in Stockholm on January 22-23 before switching to Berlin on January 26-27.
The series of meets will provide the Ipswich club-mates with some
excellent chances to race and swim fast in preparation for the Commonwealth Games trials in April.
Pickering will be racing the 50m, 100m and 200m freestyle while Cray competes in the 50m, 100m and 200m backstroke events on the European tour and both Ipswich girls are very excited about the prospect of some early-season racing.
- 1 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 2 Bank cards stolen as five cars broken into across Ipswich this weekend
- 3 80-year-old woman was stuck in a lift for 10 hours
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 5 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 6 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 7 Man who repeatedly hit partner jailed for 64 weeks
- 8 Delays on A14 after two-vehicle crash
- 9 Ipswich cannabis dealer avoids immediate jail sentence
- 10 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
Local swimming fans will be able to see Pickering and Cray in action with many other talented swimmers in the Ipswich Open Designated Meet being held at Crown Pools on February 2-3.
This is a highly prestigious event with swimmers coming from all over the country to compete.