Joy for golf and tennis fans as their sports look set for return next month
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Golf and tennis fans will be delighted to hear that their sports could be among the first to return after lockdown - as early as next month.
Prime Minster Boris Johnson is set to unveil his 'roadmap' of a slow release of lockdown measures next week, and bringing back the 'rule of six' for outdoor gatherings could enable golf and tennis to return.
The rules would likely allow for the resumption of outdoor individual sports and those where competitors do not come into close contact with each other.
A new report in the Sunday Times stated this week that two-ball golf will return in England in late March.
Golf and tennis have both been banned during the lockdown but could be among the first to resume.
English golf courses have been in full lockdown since early January, while golf courses in Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland since December. Golf is currently permitted in Scotland, but only under restrictions.
- 1 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 2 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 3 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 9 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 10 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?