The long hot summer of '76.... Some sporting memories
- Credit: Archant
Summer 1976 was a hot one.
Months of sunshine and glorious weather. Here are a few sporting memories from that glorious year - although not all necessarily in the middle of July and August!
What are your memories of that great year? All these memories are from 1976.
WORLD HOT ROD FINALS, FOXHALL STADIUM
IPSWICH SWIMMING CLUB
TATTINGSTONE FC AWARDS NIGHT
IPSWICH WITCHES, LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
WALK A MILLION MILES FOR ONE OF
YOUR GOALS... PAUL MARINER!
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 3 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 4 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 5 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 6 Wallet and cash stolen as two more cars have windows smashed in in Ipswich
- 7 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 8 Women suffers leg injuries after crash on village road outside Ipswich
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 10 Delays on Orwell Bridge after fire crews called to 'smoke coming from vehicle'
LEISTON ACES CYCLE SPEEDWAY
SPORTING FARMER POOL TEAM, IPSWICH