Housebuilder supports an Ipswich community football team
- Credit: Archant
New shirt sponsorship deal for Ransomes Sports U15S
Ransomes Sports FC in Ipswich have got the ball rolling for their next two seasons thanks to a sponsorship deal with Taylor Wimpey East Anglia. The housebuilder, which is currently building high-quality new homes at its Violet Gardens development in the nearby Kirton, has donated £1,500 to the club to help purchase new kits for the U15s team as they kick‑start the new season.
Jason Hiskey, manager of the U15s team at Ransomes Sports FC, said: “Taylor Wimpey’s £1,500 donation has been used to purchase brand new kits and tracksuits for all 14 players on the U15s team, which will last them for the next two seasons.
“This sponsorship deal has helped us immensely – we’ve been able to provide the entire team with really high‑quality kit, so we’d like to say a huge thanks to Taylor Wimpey for their generous support.”
The team will be sporting brand new black and red kits to match the club colours, adorned with the Taylor Wimpey logo.
“We’ve had a fantastic reaction from the boys on the team,” continues Jason. “We’ve now got top‑of‑the‑range gear ready for the team to compete in Division 1 of the Ipswich and Suffolk Youth League.
“Normally we have second‑hand kits passed down the teams, but to have such high‑quality brand new kit makes the team feel really special. While the players do pay subscription fees it wouldn’t cover the cost of something like this, so we really are grateful to Taylor Wimpey.
- 1 A14 closed in both directions near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 3 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 4 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 5 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 8 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 9 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 10 New base for Ipswich bin collection, recycling and street cleaning teams
“Ransomes Sports FC is a long‑standing club which now has four youth teams and two senior teams – and without help like this from Taylor Wimpey we wouldn’t be what we are now as it can be difficult for grassroots clubs to survive without such generosity.”
Caroline Carter, sales and marketing director for Taylor Wimpey East Anglia, says: “We’re delighted to sponsor Ransomes Sports FC and help the U15s team continue to feel proud to represent their club for the next two seasons!
“Ransomes Sports FC is an integral part of the local area, so we feel it’s extremely important to lend our support and help them continue to be at the heart of the community. We’d like to wish them the best of luck for their next season.”